Friday, September 3, 2010

Hurricane Earl

I can't seem to take Earl seriously. The hurricane that is. Everytime someone exclaims "Earl's coming," my immediateresponse is "Earl who?" I frequently associate hurricanes with the tropics - perhaps because growing up in Florida I prepared for quite a few. A hurricane in Miami "looks" different than an hurricane on Cape Cod. Melted popsicles and fiery oranges versus cool blues and stormy grays...

Hurricanes in the South remind me of:







While Hurricanes in the North conjure images of :

































Earl's expected to hit Cape Cod tonight- I'm more worried about Golden retriever (who is very afraid of storms) than anything else. He has been panting all day - despite the blowing AC. But we will just have to wait and see Earl will actually brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment