Friday, September 24, 2010

(rain) Boots

I recently moved to the very rainy and very damp city of Edinburgh, Scotland. In lieu of my strategic packing method, I ultimately decided not to bring my hunter rain boots. I was allowed two 5o pound suitcases. The boots weighed close to 5. I regret this decision. However, at least I don't stick out as an American- because those are the people who actually wear "wellies" here. Apparently, you can spot the "country folk" and "tourists" by these clunky boots. So I went on a quest for chic "rainboots that don't look like rainboots. Here is what I found:


London Fog Wales
london fog wales (piperlime)

[banana.jpg]
banana republic


la canadienee women's serafina knee high boot


la canadienne women's pully rain boot

ilse jacobsen women's rubeber 16 rain boot


I'm a big fan of la canadienne women's pully rain boot- in black. They also come in red and navy. I am contemplating whether to dish out the cash for a pair of these- or just slosh around with soggy leatherboots/uggs for the semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment